Translate

Welcome to the brainwaves of Diana - freak-on-the-way - Van Loo
Hopefully you enjoy my thoughts and want to walk with me on the freakin' way of life, faith and all that! I am told I'm a freak and the works of my grey cells are way too freaky to be taken serious, so beware :-D

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

an attack on my intelligence

Recently, as in, the last two months, some people seem to question my intelligence. Last night I got the, I pray, last message, stating something obvious, since I've been told exactly the same, 4 times before, and I acknowledged and confirmed my agreement with it.

I wonder why people do that.
Okay, I don't speak my mind very often, and I don't have my ideas ready for everybody to shoot on. But that is no reason to assume that my intelligence needs repetition, certainly not that often. Especially since I reacted, and confirmed. It even was my idea in the first place.

Is it insecurity from people, to state the obvious yet another time? What could they be insecure about: me? the situation? themselves?
Is it distrust? Since I am new to them? Is it logic not to trust people who are new to you? Then again, it is insecurity, about me or themselves.

Why is insecurity such a killer? Why is there even the situation of being insecure? And as a result question everything else? How is that logic?
Okay, being insecure, leading to questioning yourself, that makes sense.
But, being insecure, and therefore questioning everybody and everything else... makes no sense.

So it must be a masking move.
Questioning everything, but oneself, masks the fact that one is insecure. The attention goes to the thing or person being questioned, making that the centre of attention, deflecting from oneself.

But why would you do that? It doesn't make the situation clear, it doesn't resolve that insecurity, it doesn't answer your own questions. Frankly, it makes things worse. Since you are adding confusion and more insecurity. You get counter-questions, making something out of nothing, making it bigger.

Just confirming your insecurity, makes way more sense and helps you go on.
It will keep the confusion at bay. Because insecurity only contributes to confusion, in the way that others do not give you the answers you crave for, since you're working around the real problem. Others will in turn question your sanity, since you keep on stating the obvious, bringing the same statements forward, or asking the same questions. Adding to the confusion. We do not need more confusion in this world, among people who mean well.
Confirming your insecurity, to your self and others, is way more easy in that sense.
Next to the fact that other people don't go question you, or themselves, or the situation, in return.
And it is a lot more fair. To others, the situations your are in, and to yourself. Life would be much more relaxed if people are 'just' honest to themselves. It makes them turn for the better. It makes people be honest to others and to life itself.

This attack on my intelligence was a learning curve for me:
I started off being angry, disappointed, that people I trusted were indirect telling me that I am stupid, can't even understand a simple statement, so that it better be repeated 5 times.
Next I slept over it.
Then I of course threw the angriness out of the window, it virtually NEVER tributes to the situation to become angry.
I asked myself why they would do that, and started writing this blog. I made up my mind during reasoning and writing, as I often do, and indeed: I found out it only can be insecurity from the other side.

So, I stated the other obvious: that I was told the same 5 times now; and answered the message that attacked my intelligence with a question: What is wrong?

Now I am curious what the answer will be...
- maybe to be continued -

No comments:

The book of the city Tijuana - with some pictures I took

The source of our Borsoi-love: breeder Marij Tuip, The Netherlands.